Explore our featured highlights
Explore our entire range of terrarium kits
This selection of glassware does not include a substrate kit. Recommendations to kits are linked in the product description.
Already have your own glassware?
Our selection of partial kits in various sizes are perfect for filling up your terrarium if you already have the glassware. Here are some of our options.
Read our reviews from happy customers
Trust Pilot Review
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm completely new to terrariums - where do I start?
- Source your glassware, plants and substrates. (You can buy all of this in one go with our terrarium kits.)
- Make sure your glassware is clean - wash it out with warm, soapy water.
- Pour in your substrates one by one - pebbles, activated carbon, sphagnum moss then soil.
- (optional): Lay out your plants, mosses and decorative elements and decide where you want everything to go. Take a picture for reference. When you're happy with this, move on to the next step.
- Plant everything up! Place large decorative pieces first, followed by the plants (dig a small hole, place the plant root down, and cover and tap down with soil), then mosses, then any other finishing touches such as reindeer moss, small pebbles or rocks, pieces of wood, crystals or figurines.
What size kit do I need?
- Our extra small kits are perfect for little desktop companions and will fill a glass jar of about 500ml - 1.5 litres capacity.
- All of our small kits fit a jar with the volume of between 1.5-3L. This can be a large, half-gallon pickle jar, or a couple of smaller jars (such as for your tomato sauce).
- Our medium size fits terrariums with a 3-5 litre capacity. This might look like a fishbowl with 23cm diameter.
- The large size will fit a terrarium of about 5-10 litre capacity. This could be one of our smaller bottle gardens (that you can purchase here).
- The extra large size will fit a terrarium that has 10-15 litres capacity, such as this kit.
- Anything larger than that, please let us know so we can create a custom kit for you.
When will my order be shipped?
Ready Made Terrariums
If you (or a loved one) are based in Bristol or Edinburgh, we have a selection of remarkably crafted terrariums that have been ready built for you. Some of these are available for local collection only, so please read the description carefully.
Follow us on instagram @uk.terrariums